About this Event
Add to calendar
The Physics & Astronomy Colloquium Series presents John Kopchick of Ohio University, discussing “Growth Hormone, Mini-Mice, Football, Dirty Shorts, and a New Drug" on Jan. 28.
Colloquia are Fridays at 4:10 p.m.
Key Learning Points
- Normal Physiological Actions of Growth Action (GH) - 'Good and Bad'
- Generation of a Novel GH Receptor Antagonist
- Role of Good Science (Molecule Biology) and a bit of Serendipity
- Acromegaly - Description of the Disease and How the New Drug 'Works'
- GH and Aging - Longest Lived Laboratory Mouse
- GH and Cancer (Just a bit of New Data).